Peace and blessings in the name of Jesus Christ! Welcome to another glorious month. This month shall be an exciting one, filled with great testimonies for you! God has designed the family for success and not failure. He proved this by being practically involved in the institution of the first marriage, and subsequently, the family. The truth is, when a Christian family fails, it gives room for mockery. However, when a family enjoys success, it becomes an enviable example to others. Understand that victory in a home makes a successful family. Any family who gains victory or success in family-related issues is bound to succeed in other areas of life. There is no limit to the kind of blessing and pleasure God can bring to your life when your home is in order. The family can be likened to a highly valuable product; just as every product requires the necessary raw materials to become finished goods and function excellently, the family cannot function successfully until relevant materials are fully processed. Therefore, this month, I will be looking at the topic: The Victorious Family. Among other things, this teaching will expose you to vital keys that will guarantee success and triumph in all areas of your family life, which is God’s will for you. However, it does not come by chance, as nothing successful can be classified as an accident. Family triumph comes through consistent obedience to God’s Word.
To begin with, you must understand the following:
- God is interested in the triumph of your home: One of the reasons your marriage must succeed is that God has interest in your home because He designed the home to succeed. God was practically involved in the first wedding ceremony between Adam and Eve. The Word of God says, And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man (Genesis 2:21-22).God is the originator of family life, and just like every other manufacturer, He desires that His product succeeds. He made all it takes for a triumphant home readily available for you through His Word. However, obedience is what it takes to access it. Without any doubt, anything associated with God is meant to succeed. Marriage is associated with God; therefore, it is meant to be successful.
- Triumph also entails all-round fruitfulness: When God created the first family, His first interaction with them was to bless them. Among other things, His blessing includes fruitfulness, not just of the body but in all areas of life. He said to Adam and Eve, ‘Be fruitful; multiply; replenish the earth; subdue it!’ (Genesis 1:27-28). The fact that God rained blessings on the first family clearly indicates that every family is meant to be successful.
- To be triumphant means to have dominion: Man was created to take dominion over all things, and this includes every force that may want to hinder the peace and joy in your home.Dominion means to be in control, and marriage was established to be in control of and not under the control of circumstances and situations of life. The Word of God says, Have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth (Genesis 1:28). Therefore, your family is designed to have dominion over all situations and circumstances of life. This includes financial, material, health, spiritual, etc.
- God designed your home to be filled with abundance: From the beginning,it is evident that God designed families for abundance because of the place He kept them. The Word of God says, And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it (Genesis 2:15). The Garden of Eden was filled with everything that man would ever need. It was a place of abundance and splendour, and there was no lack, sickness or terror there. That is God’s plan for your family; His desire is that your family gives you pleasure. God designed the home for every member of the family to enjoy one another, experience fulfilment, laughter and excitement. He never intended the family to experience pressure but pleasure. He designed the family to make life pleasurable. In case the situation in your home is far from being pleasant, as you read this article, believe God for a reversal, and it shall be so for you!
- God designed marriage for glory: God designed marriage to take away shame from man. It is meant to advance, increase and promote you. It is not a necessary evil like some people in the world call it, but it is ordained to make life complete for you. Marriage brought man into a state of better living, glory and beauty, and there was no cause for fear or regret. You shall not see shame in your home anymore!
However, success in the home begins by knowing God, the Creator of the universe. You get to know God by accepting Jesus as your Lord and Saviour; this means being born again. If you are not born again, you need to surrender your life to Christ. If you want to accept Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, say this prayer in faith: Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for delivering me from sin and satan to serve the living God, and thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.
Congratulations! If you prayed this simple prayer of faith with me, you are now born again and a child of God. He loves you and will never leave you. Therefore, read your Bible daily, obey God’s Word and seek Christian fellowship (John 14:21). With this, you are guaranteed all-round rest and peace, in Jesus name! Call or write to share your testimonies with me through firstname.lastname@example.org, 07026385437 OR 08141320204.
For more insight, these books authored by me are available at the Dominion Bookstores in all Living Faith Churches and other leading Christian bookstores: Marriage Covenant, Making Marriage Work, Building a Successful Home and Success in Marriage (Co-Authored).