Peace and blessings, in Jesus name! Previously, I discussed what you should do to maximise your youthful age and why you must maximise that season. Today, I will be focusing on ‘How to Invest Your Youthful Age’.
Being young is an advantage for those who know. Time is a valuable resource that must be invested profitably, especially the time of youth. Youths have equal opportunities to either invest or waste their youthful years. The sad reality is that so many young people are just moving about without a sense of direction. As you follow God’s instruction by investing in your youthful years, I see God giving you a second chance, in Jesus name!
How to Invest in Your Youthful Years:
- Discover and develop your God-given talents: Find out the talents God has given you and consciously develop them. Do not allow your talent to become dormant within you; be dynamic with these talent(s), and it will announce you to your generation. According to the Scriptures, as a teenager, David, was an experienced shepherd (1 Samuel 17:49). He was skilled in the use of a sling and could play the harp so well that he was recommended to play in the palace (1 Samuel 16:23). God will make you stand out in the name of Jesus!
- Remember God in the days of your youth: Give yourself to the pursuit of God and be committed to the things of God. The best time to seek and serve God is the time you are still young and unmarried. You know that the glory of young men is their strength (Proverbs 20:29), so invest your youthful strength in the work of the Lord, and you will receive great dividends. Do not join those young people who remember the devil in the days of their youth, not God. When you yield your youthful years to God, your future rewards of greatness will be exceedingly, abundantly and above anything you can ask or think of.
- Value the time of your youth: Time, when lost, can never be recovered! Have a deep realisation of the value of your youthful years. Even the scripture admonishes us to remember our Creator in the days of our youth (Ecclesiastes 12:1).
- Discover your God-given purpose: When the purpose of a thing is not known, abuse, misuse or disuse is inevitable. Purpose gives you a powerful sense of direction; it separates you from distractions and sharpens your vision daily.
- Invest your time: Life is time, and time is life. Time is an asset and those who waste time end up as liabilities. Time is a very precious resource, and it is as precious as your life. Avoid time-wasting activities, e.g., watching home videos for hours, making unnecessary visits, valueless chatting on social networking sites etc. Youthful years are years of preparation. Deliberately invest your time into preparation for the great destiny ahead of you, e.g., read books, attend seminars or events that can add value to you, and acquire marketable skills.
- Develop positive relationships: Watch the company you keep and keep godly relationships. This is not the time to get into immoral relationships. Move with purpose-driven young people like you. Remember that he that walks with the wise shall be wise, but a companion of fools shall be destroyed (Proverbs 13:20). Move with eagles; do not keep company with people who are poisonous to your destiny.
However, it is important to note that you cannot maximise your time as a youth without God. Therefore, you must make a decision today to surrender your life to God by praying this simple prayer with me: Dear Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Make me your child today. Thank You for delivering me from sin and satan to serve the living God and thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.
Congratulations, you are now born again and a child of God. He loves you and will never leave you nor forsake you. With this, you are guaranteed peace on all sides, in Jesus name! Call or write to share your testimonies with me through firstname.lastname@example.org OR 08141320204. For more insight, these books authored by me are available at the Dominion Bookstores in all Living Faith Churches and other leading Christian bookstores: Single with A Difference and Making your life Count.