Peace and blessings, in Jesus name! Every instruction from God’s Word is always for your benefit, and the youthful period is the foundation period for life. The quality of a foundation determines its destiny. 1 Peter 2:9 clearly states, But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light. To take advantage of your youthful age is to prevent the wastage of old age. The youthful period is the root of destiny. Follow me carefully on this interesting topic captioned ‘Maximising Your Time as A Youth’.
Who is a Youth?
A youth is often referred to as a person between the ages of 15-35 years. The youthful season is the time of life when one is young, and it often means the time between childhood and adulthood. Also, it is defined as the appearance, freshness, vigour and spirit of a person.
Time as they always say waits for no man, and it is also said that you should make hay while the sun shines. Therefore, you must make good use of your youthful time before it is too late.
What You Should Do with Your Youthful Season
- You must be Passionate for God (Psalm 69:9): Generally, youth equals passion. The adult may struggle with being interested, but the youth can be passionate about so many things. A youth is always full of life and strength; so, learn to channel all the passion to the right direction; that is, on the things of God. I see God granting you the help needed to be passionate for Him. Remember, a God chaser can never miss it in life.
- It is a Season of Revelation and Divine Secrets (Job 29:4-5): Samuel was a youth when God called him to serve. There are things God will show young people that He will not show adults. God is looking for youths to draw into His Kingdom; He is looking for boys and girls to show His secrets to. Therefore, avail yourself for Him to show you divine secrets.
- It is your Season of Growth (Psalm 144:12): That is all-round growth. Stagnation as a youth is a waste of destiny. So, always ensure that your spiritual, mental and academic growth is on. Thus, do not let life pass without anything positive happening in your life. Not to grow in your youthful age is to groan in old age. Therefore, do not let life leave you behind; the younger you are, the fresher your brain.
Why must you Maximise your Youthful age?
- The enemy is after the youthful age: The distractions of the youth are the destruction of the great plans God has. David said I kept my father’s flock, and there came a lion; the lion did not take a goat or sheep, but it took a lamb (1 Samuel 17:34). The enemy is always after the baby. The devil knows that if he can tackle you at your youthful age, then he has finished your future. However, no devil shall catch you in the name of Jesus! Therefore, be consciously dedicated to the things of God so as to chase the enemy far from your life.
- It is a time of opportunity without mentality: Youthful age is an age of time without wisdom and experience. The youth is not bothered with a wife or a husband yet, he/she is not overwhelmed with children yet, and he has so many hours he does not know what to do with it. The older man or woman has so much wisdom but lacks time. You have to understand that as a youth, you will not be this age forever, you will not have this energy forever, and you will not have this amount of time forever. I pray for God’s wisdom on your life today to maximise your time, in Jesus name!
- Youth age is a highly influenceable age: Bad company corrupts good manners. Therefore, you must carefully watch the companies you keep to avoid being misled. It is a well-known fact that the youth age is the time of high tendency for experimentation; there is an adventurous mindset, and you want to dare what others are doing. Remember, you will not be young forever; so, the youthful season is an opportunity that must be maximised.
This youthful phase gives you the opportunity to dream, plan and create a winning strategy. It is disturbing that so many youths are floating around today without a sense of direction in life. This is what purpose gives you. You never begin to live until you have discovered your purpose for living. If you are going to make your mark on the sand of time, you must realise the value of your youthful years and swing into real action.
However, it is important to note that you cannot maximise your time as a youth without God. Therefore, you must make a decision today to surrender your life to God by praying this simple prayer with me: Dear Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Make me your child today. Thank You for delivering me from sin and satan to serve the living God and thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.
Congratulations, you are now born again and a child of God. He loves you and will never leave you nor forsake you. With this, you are guaranteed peace on all sides, in Jesus name! Call or write to share your testimonies with me through email@example.com OR 08141320204. For more insight, these books authored by me are available at the Dominion Bookstores in all Living Faith Churches and other leading Christian bookstores: Single with A Difference and Making your Life Count.