It is a privilege bringing you God’s Word, His Word is constantly coming new and fresh, and the Bible reiterates that the Word of God is new every morning (Lamentations 3:23). I enjoin you to stay put to this piece: ‘The Art of Forgiveness’ to harness all that God has for you this Month in Jesus name.
What is Forgiveness?
Forgiveness can be known as the act of pardoning an offender. Literally, it is known as the ability to let go of hurts, pain, heartbreak or wrongs meted at you. Forgiveness is a decision to let go of resentment and the urge for revenge. Many a time, when you are hurt or someone causes you pain; it can be so saddening. Although these hurts can be very deep that you feel betrayed and often lose trust in whoever has hurt you. Truthfully, when people are hurt, it is difficult to concentrate on other things; they are left in pain, confusion, disdain, turmoil, contempt and hatred for the offender. Humanly, it seems hard to forgive easily when we are deeply hurt but this is what Jesus said about forgiveness in Mark 11:25, And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. When you forgive, you will let go of resentments and pains that accompany the offence committed many a time.
Facts About Forgiveness
- Being hurt by people you trust can make you get swallowed up in the bid to revenge. Your sense of injustice will be on the increase, you wallow in bitterness and grieve, and by so doing robbing yourself of joy, happiness and peace.
- Unforgiveness makes you unattractive because you are carrying loads and baggage of grudge and resentment, which are characterised by grumpiness and unsmiling face. No one is attractive with a grumpy and unsmiling face.
- You are caged with the wrongs done against you in the past without seeing the good things that comes with the present and the possible better things the future can bring your way.
- Depression, heart diseases, fear, cancer, emotional, psychological, physiological stress, doubt, anxiety, insecurities are components of unforgiveness.
- You get withdrawn from people; because of previous hurts, you do not see reasons relating with people. For instance, many ladies and gentlemen are currently single because there are bent on holding on to past disappointments and have found it difficult to forgive and move on. On the other hand, many have lost business connections because of their inability to unforgiven and let go of betrayals.
Benefits of Forgiveness
Continuous practice of the art of forgiveness brings you the following benefits:
- Healthy relationships
- Increase in your immune system
- You reduce the risk of high blood pressure
- Reduction of stress, anxiety and increase in peace, joy and happiness
- You become freer and have a healthier self-esteem.
There is a popular saying that says, ‘To err is human but to forgive is divine’. It takes the grace of God to let go of hurts, disappointments and betrayals. This cannot be done in the flesh but by the grace of God; thus, this grace can be gotten when you give your life to Christ, believe Him in your heart and confess with your mouth that He is your Lord and personal Saviour. If you have made this decision, you can boldly say this prayer of faith: Dear Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I believe You died and rose again for my sake. Forgive me my sins, take over my life, make me Your child and let Your peace reign over my life. Thank You for saving me. Now I know I am born again!
Congratulations, you are now born again! I believe you will begin to experience the reality of the price that Jesus paid for your sins at Calvary. All-round rest and peace are guaranteed you, in Jesus name! Call or write, and share your testimonies with me through email@example.com OR call 07026385437 and 08141320204.
For more insight, these books are available at the Dominion Bookstores in all Living Faith Churches and other leading Christian Bookstores: Make Your Life Count authored by me and Ruling Your World authored by Dr David Oyedepo.