What an awesome God we serve! I believe that since you read the last edition on the effectiveness of prayer, you have been praying or have increased the intensity of your prayers. If not, then you must begin today, because the effect of prayers can be better experienced than said. Prayer has been one of my major pillars in life and I encourage people to spend at least 15 minutes daily in not just prayers, but praying in tongues.
Researchers have proved that we spend 70% of our waking time communicating and we spend 30% of it talking. It is crucial and wise to learn to use a largely percentage of our time to commune much more with God. The more you commune with God in prayer, the more you radiate His glory, command more exploits and the more useful you become in life.
A vibrant prayer life is not necessarily in the length of it, but how well connected your heart is to it and your motive behind the prayers. Prayer has diverse benefits for the believer and in the last edition we saw some of them. However, I would be exposing you to more of the benefits of prayer. It is my earnests desire that every benefit would be made manifest in your life even as you engage the force of prayers today.
The truth is: As the issue and situation of life varies, so also does prayer address the diverse needs of man. Some of the reason we need to pray includes:
• Prayer provokes help from above: Every blessings and accomplishment in life comes as a result of your access to God’s help. But until you pray, the devil might just be hindering your access to help. Therefore, the Bible enjoins that you come into the throne of grace in prayer and receive help in time of needs (Hebrews 4:16).
• It provokes mercy: Certain things may be responsible for the situation we are in right now, but mercy is one of God’s profound ways of helping His people. So, when you pray, you provoke God’s mercy towards you (2 Samuel 24:14).
• It provides angelic interventions: Angels are our security agents and they excel in strength (Psalms 103:20). They intervene when a believer is in distress, and rescue him or her. Therefore, as you pray, you receive intervening help of angels to bring you out of every tough battles of life.
• It brings deliverance from affliction: Prayer is what you use to free yourself from all afflictions of the enemy and for the restoration of your beauty in Christ (James 5:13). Until you pray over that situation, it might remain the same forever.
• It helps you locate destiny: God has created everyone for some purpose, but until you ask in prayers you will remain clueless. So, prayer is not only for requesting your needs, but to enquire God’s plan for your life (Jeremiah 1:5; Jeremiah 29:11; Psalm 16:11).
• It makes us whole: There are many things that defile a man and makes him unfit for God’s presence and manifestation. However, you can pray yourself to holiness (Matthew 26:41).
Everyone needs an effective prayer altar to remain in command over all affairs of life. However, being effectual on the prayer altar is not a gift, but a choice. You can only make that choice and sustain it, if you are born again.
To be born again means to accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour over your life, by confessing and forsaking your sins. Therefore, if you have not done that or you might have probably walked away from the vow you once made to Him in the past. You must say this prayer in faith right away:
Dear Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I believe You died and rose again for my sake. Forgive me of my sins, take over my life, make me Your child and let Your peace reign over my life. Thank you for saving me. Now I know I am born again!
Congratulations, you are now born again! I believe that you will begin to experience the reality of the price that Jesus paid for your sins at Calvary. All-round rest and peace are guaranteed you, in Jesus’ Name! Call or write, and share your testimonies with me through email@example.com, OR call 07026385437 and 08141320204.
For more insight, these books authored by me are available at the Dominion Bookstores in all Living Faith Churches and other leading Christian Bookstores: Singles With A Difference, You can overcome Anxiety and Make Your Life Count.