THE VALUE OF INTEGRITY (2)
Integrity is like a ray of light that is meant to shine. You know, light is most appreciated where there is darkness and the thicker the darkness, the more valuable the light. So, there are places where your integrity is expected to speak, especially in this era of perversion and mass corruption. You must show the world that you are different.
But, where will your life of integrity be more noticed?
- At Home: Charity they say begins from home. Every good or bad character a person possesses starts from the immediate family. Members of your household must know what you stand for. Your life cannot count outside, if you are not having a positive impact on your immediate family.
- Your Neighbourhood: Your integrity speaks louder with those around you than your voice. Have you ever considered what your neighbours think of you? Do they call you a boy or a girl of peace, or do you go around gossiping or fighting. Watch out! Your life is meant to bring people closer to God not further apart from Him.
- In Your Workplace: Many people today have double standards in the way they live. What they are at home is different from what their colleagues know of them. Some even cannot be trusted with money or important office documents. They cut corners, collect bribe and are very dubious.
As someone who should serve as positive reference for others, you should be all-round trustworthy. Remember the Bible says: And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: (Mark 9:47)
However, what are the values of integrity?
- It makes you credible: With integrity, you gain the trust of everyone – parent, teachers, colleagues, friends, neighbours, etc. They are sure that you can be relied upon, even when everyone seems to be untruthful. For example, Joseph displayed a high level of integrity that his master and the prison official entrusted him with everything, though he was a stranger (Genesis 39:4-6). His integrity and character also brought him before Pharaoh, who made him a prime minister.
- You gain respect and dignity: We earn respect by our actions. People definitely will respect you when you are known for truth and honesty. Daniel earned the respect of four kings in his time because of his exemplary character of integrity (Daniel 6:3). You too can be respected and honoured no matter your age, stature or status if you show others the good quality of integrity.
- You enjoy God’s presence: We serve a God of high standard of integrity. So, if you must walk with Him, you must possess the virtue of integrity also. The Bible says: God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24). If you must come to God, you must have integrity!
- Your success and peace is guaranteed: Integrity brings success in career, business, ministry, school, etc. no matter how powerful a person is, lack of integrity will erase the effect of his works. The Bible says: Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace (Psalms 37:37).
- It preserves and blesses: Nothing preserves a man’s destiny like integrity. King David said: Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee (Psalms 25:21).
Integrity also brings blessings that your generations will benefit from. May that be your portion today as you decide to live a life of integrity in the name of Jesus Christ!
However, a life of integrity begins with making Jesus Christ Lord and Saviour of your life. Jesus is the only way, truth and life, therefore to walk in the truth you must first accept Him as Lord over your life. If you have not done this, or may have backslide, then you should say this prayer in faith right away:
Dear Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I believe You died and rose again for my sake. Forgive me of my sins, take over my life, make me Your child and let Your peace reign over my life. Thank you for saving me. Now I know I am born again!
Congratulations, you are now born again! I believe that you will begin to experience the reality of the price that Jesus paid for your sins at Calvary. All-round rest and peace are guaranteed you, in Jesus’ Name! Call or write, and share your testimonies with me through firstname.lastname@example.org, OR call 07026385437 and 08141320204.
For more insight, these books authored by me are available at the Dominion Bookstores in all Living Faith Churches and other leading Christian Bookstores: Singles With A Difference, The Spirit of Faith and Make Your Life Count.