SELF DISCIPLINE (1)
I welcome you to another beautiful month; it shall be filled with great testimonies for you. To make the most out of life in this New Year, you must first understand “Life” life is the cause of existence of an individual; the action, event that occur in living. Life is not a bed of roses nor is it a funfair but it is a place of consistent hard work, it not a destination but a journey. To be successful in life you have to be intentional about your decision. There are necessary practise you have to engage in to succeed in the journey of life which I will be sharing one of it with you in this series.
On this journey of life, you encounter different people, challenges, situations and opportunities, but you are confronted with the question of which should be do at every stage in life. The decisions and choices you make at every stage can either make your journey in life smooth or rough that is why it’s important to be self disciplined.
The Bible says: Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control (Proverb 25:28 NIV).
Self discipline is the ability to effectively decide what to do and what not to do at a particular point in time. Self-discipline involves sacrificing the pleasure and thrill of the moment for what matters most in life. I define self discipline as doing what you want to do when you don’t feel like doing it. Self-discipline is one of the most important and useful skill /virtue you should possess as a teenager. This skill is essential in every area of life,
Self discipline gives you the power to stick to your decisions and follow them through, without changing your mind, and is therefore, one of the important requirements for achieving set goals thereby dealing with procrastination and laziness
The possession of this virtue enables you to make decisions and plans until you see them been accomplish. It also manifests as inner strength, helping you to overcome addictions and procrastination to follow through with whatever you do.
To achieve success in life the importance of self discipline can’t be over emphasised. Self discipline is one of the important ingredients of success which expresses itself in various ways such as:
- Goal setting: You can never achieve much if you don’t set goals. So setting goals helps you monitor your progress all through your journey. You are to set Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and time bound goals.
- Perseverance: the quality that allows someone to continue trying to do something even though it is difficult. The ability not to give up, despite failure and setbacks.
- Persistence: Is trying over and again, until you accomplish what you set out to do. You might make mistakes in the process or fail sometimes but keep at it all through the journey. Consistency is the rule of the game to success.
Why do I need Self Discipline
At the heart of every successful person is Self-Discipline. It’s the driving force that moves you despite your feelings and that is why it is a Necessity in your journey to a successful life.
- You need Self-discipline to build inner strength/ might and control of yourself, actions & reactions.
- You need Self-discipline to gives you the power to stick to your decisions and follow them through without changing your mind
- You need Self-discipline which helps you overcome procrastination, laziness and helps you finish whatever you start.
- You need Self-discipline to helps you resist distractions or temptations.
- You need Self- discipline to focus on your goal.
- You need Self-discipline to minimize loss of resources and time to Frivolities.
Please understand that God will not come down to make decisions or choices for you but has left you with a manual which is his word The Bible says I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live (Deuteronomy 30:19).
The first way to choose life is to decide to be His child, which start from being born again. The Truth is, you can be born again by just saying this prayer in faith: Dear Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I believe You died and rose again for my sake. Forgive me of my sins, take over my life, make me Your child and let Your peace reign over my life. Thank you for saving me. Now I know I am born again! Amen.
Congratulations, you are now born again! I believe that you will begin to experience the reality of the price that Jesus paid for your sins at Calvary. All-round rest and peace are guaranteed you, in Jesus’ Name! Call or write, and share your testimonies with me through firstname.lastname@example.org, OR call 07026385437 and 08141320204.
For more insight, these books authored by me are available at the Dominion Bookstores in all Living Faith Churches and other leading Christian Bookstores: Singles with a Difference, A Living Witness and Make Your Life Count.
September 01, 2020
August 17, 2020
August 01, 2020