PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT 2
Peace and blessings in the precious Name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. I am sure you were blessed with the first part and I hope you have started working on yourself. In this second edition, I will be sharing with you on steps to personal development. Someone rightly said: “Getting in touch with your true self must be your first priority.” – Tom Hopkins.
STEPS TO PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Create an Inspiring Vision: Like you already know, a vision is a picture you have captured in your heart concerning what you want to happen or change around you. What can you see? What change do you see yourself becoming in the next? Having this guiding picture is important to personal development.
- Set Quality Goals for Yourself: As teenagers, your vision or what you see would always lead you towards setting goals which would help you actualize your vision. Goals are the step-by-step milestones you meet up with on the way to attaining your dreams. That is, they are the logical steps that lead straight to your vision. Your goals should be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time bound.
- Constant Personal Evaluation: The greatest way to measure development is by consistent evaluation Great leaders evaluate themselves at every stage of their lives. Every now and then, you have to find out how far you’ve gone and the next steps you need to take in order at hit your goals.
- Develop Self-Discipline: This is the act of choosing to do what is important and necessary above your feelings. You may have crafted a vision and set goals, but you would also need to keep pushing yourself to make progress on this journey. You must discipline yourself to execute your vision.
- Practice Patience: Patience is a virtue which would always be necessary in leading one towards excellence. Sometimes, change won’t come overnight, but you have to keep working, don’t give up! Keep on keeping on until you see results. Great men are resilient people.
- Learn to be accountable: Learn to be accountable to someone, preferably an elderly person or a mentor. Additionally, make yourself accountable and responsible for your decisions.
- Time Management: No matter how unequal the world becomes; everybody will be equal in one respect: we all have 24 hours every day to work with. How you use your time is totally dependent on you, and it will contribute greatly to what your future will eventually look like. Therefore, use your time effectively in order to get maximum results.
There is greatness in every child of God; it is now your responsibility as teenagers to develop yourself, skills and abilities for greatness. Start taking responsibility from today. We did our part and that can be seen in our society today. It is now left for you as leaders to develop yourself to build the future you desire, And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. Act 20:32. God’s Word can mould you into what he wants you to be and give you everything you could possibly need to bring this to pass. However, dear friend, you need to know God and become his child so He can engrace you for continuous development.
You become His Child by confessing your sins and accepting Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. If you have not asked Jesus to come into your life or maybe you have neglected your initial love for Him, then you should say this prayer in faith:
Dear Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I believe You died and rose again for my sake. Forgive me of my sins, take over my life, make me Your child and let Your peace reign over my life. Thank you for saving me. Now I know I am born again!
Congratulations, you are now born again! I believe that you will begin to experience the reality of the price that Jesus paid for your sins at Calvary. All-round rest and peace are guaranteed you, in Jesus’ Name! Call or write and share your testimonies with me through firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 07026385437 and 08141320204.
For more insight, these books authored by me are available at the Dominion Bookstores in all Living Faith Churches and other leading Christian Bookstores: Single with A Difference and Make your Life Count
September 01, 2020
August 17, 2020
August 01, 2020