OVERCOMING FEAR (1)
I am privileged to bring you God’s Word today, which is soothing and can kick off the fears that the enemy wants to override your faith, hope in God and His abilities. Today, it may interest you to know what God says concerning you; He said: Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness (Isaiah 41:10). On this note I will be teaching on a crucial subject titled: ‘Overcoming Fear’.
What is fear?
Cambridge Dictionary defined fear as an unpleasant emotion or thought that you have when you are frightened or worried by something dangerous, painful or bad that is happening or might happen. Bishop David Oyedepo said, ‘The spirit of fear is the spirit of bondage. Satan cannot gain access to your life unless you give in to the spirit of fear.
This is a crucial time for the entire world. The current pandemic which has resulted in the shutdown of cities, businesses, churches, schools, social gatherings, etc., have resulted in fear and panic for many. Many people live in areas that have already been affected by this coronavirus. Others are already getting overwhelmed by the thought of what may become of them. The media headlines are flooded with continuous toll of negative news concerning this pandemic, thereby raising fears. This question lies in the heart of many, ‘What will happen next?’
For many, the uncertainty surrounding coronavirus is the hardest thing to handle. They wonder how bad things might get considering the information they get concerning the pandemic. Hence, this made it all too easy for an outburst of overwhelming dread and panic. You too may be concerned about what may happen; so, questions like, what if my workplace or company closes, will your children have to stay at home from school, what if you or someone you love gets sick, or have to self-quarantine? These can be scary to think about, but being proactive can help relieve at least some of the anxiety.
WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT FEAR?
Have you heard, seen or read about what the Bible have to say about fear? The Bible says, God is with you in whatever you may be confronted with, amidst the anxious thoughts, the worries of life and the world pandemic. He is there strengthening, helping, and holds you in His arms. God is greater, He gives us the power to live courageously, boldly, fearlessly, when overwhelming situation comes, and mind breaking circumstances surround us. Humanly speaking, it is inevitable to fear; but, the good news is that, Jesus conquered fear for us, the truth in His Word whispers strength to the deepest core of our spirits.
Note that there are about 365 ‘fear not’ verses in the Bible that is an antidote for fear, I have carefully brought out a few for you to meditate on daily.
FEAR NOT SCRIPTURES
- God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
- The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe.
DEUTERONOMY 31:6, 8
- Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.
- For I the lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, fear not; I will help thee. Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the Lord, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.
- The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The Lord taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.
- And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
- The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
1 PETER 3:14
- But and if ye suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
- I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
- Ye shall not fear them: for the Lord your God he shall fight for you.
- And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
- As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.
- For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
- He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
Nature prohibits vacuum; hence, when your life does not have Jesus, the spirit of fear might occupy your heart. To eliminate fear and stop its torments, you have to accept Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour. If you have made this decision, you can say this prayer in faith: Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. I accept You as my Lord and Saviour. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for delivering me from sin, pride, arrogance and self-pity and all the lies of satan to serve the living God and thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom, in Jesus name! Amen.
Congratulations! Now you have been empowered with grace to overcome anxieties, worries, and fears; welcome to a life free of fears, in Jesus name! Amen. Call or write to share your testimonies with me through firstname.lastname@example.org, 07026385437 OR 08141320204.
More so, to be fully acquainted with this subject you can read these books authored by me, they are available at the Dominion Bookstores in all Living Faith Churches and other leading Christian bookstores: Overcoming Anxiety, The Force of Hope, The Spirit of Faith and Salvation the Way of Escape.
September 01, 2020
August 17, 2020
August 01, 2020