OUR DRESSING SPEAKS
“In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel…”
-1 Timothy 2:9-
God is a fashionable God and He is interested in what we wear because our dressing matters to Him. He wants us to represent Him on earth, even in our dressing. We understand from scriptures that He is clothed in splendour, glory, and majesty. This is why everything around Him speaks royalty and He has made us just like Him.
God first designed cloths for Adam and Eve when they discovered that they were naked. They tried to design something for themselves but it was not good enough, so He designed one that was durable and that covered them appropriately.
From the Bible we realize that God designed a cloth known today as a tunic for Adam and Eve. A tunic, according to Bible dictionary, is a piece of clothing that fits loosely over a person’s body that reaches the knees. It starts from the neck region and is worn by men and women although the designs may vary.
Therefore when we dress, the points below should be considered:
- Choose what fits you properly over what may or may not be in “vogue”. This is because what is in vogue may not be in accordance with God’s standard of dressing.
- Choose what you feel comfortable in.
- Don’t dress on the basis of a crave for a sense of belonging, but on a crave for a sense of showmanship- of God.
- Wear what covers the sensitive parts of your body
- Your body belongs to God and it is not meant to be exposed or advertised for selfish reasons. 1 Corinthians 3:16.
- Wear things that you can afford
- Remember, it is not how expensive it is but how comfortable you are in it.
- Wear what pleases God, first and foremost.
- Remember, you are an Ambassador of Heaven; and as such, you represent the nation of Heaven. 2 Corinthians 5:20.
Never forget that you are royalty, and because you have been redeemed as kings and priest to reign on the earth, your dressing must depict your status.
God is the only source of true and lasting joy in life. When you let God into the ship of your life and destiny, it can never sink. The foundation for a secured life and destiny is first and foremost in your connection and commitment to God, the Author of life and Creator of all living. Are you ready to be connected to Him today? Then, you have to be born again. To be born again means confessing your sins and accepting Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour. If you are ready to be born again, please say this simple prayer of faith with me: “Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and satan. I accept You as my Lord and Saviour. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”
If you prayed this simple prayer of faith with me, congratulations, you are born again! You are now a child of God. He loves you and will never leave you. Read your Bible daily, obey God’s Word and seek Christian fellowship (John 14:21). With this, you are guaranteed all-round rest and peace in Jesus’ Name. Call or write to share your testimonies with me through firstname.lastname@example.org, 07026385437 OR 08141320204.
For more insight, these books authored by me are available at the Dominion Bookstores in all Living Faith Churches and other leading Christian bookstores: Single with a Difference, A Living Witness, Nurturing the Incorruptible Seed and Growing in Grace.
July 22, 2019
July 10, 2019
June 27, 2019