Fulfilling Purpose (2)
I believe that from our last discussion on this topic, you have been motivated to enquire about your purpose on the earth and how to walk in it. Someone rightly said that the world will stand for anyone who knows where he/she is going. This is because discovering purpose usually distinguishes a person from the crowd.
Discovering your purpose in life and walking in it brings you before great men. As the Bible says: A man’s gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men (Proverbs 18:16). In this second segment therefore, I will be teaching on how to discover purpose, ways through which ones purpose can be revealed and the benefit of discovering purpose.
HOW TO DISCOVER YOUR PURPOSE
The Principal and easiest way to discover the purpose is to ask the Manufacturer; God. No matter how a person “sees”, he cannot reveal a man’s purpose like God will. He is your Creator and the Bible says: Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: (Isaiah 46:10) So, if you want to know why He made you and brought you into this world, then you must ask Him sincerely in prayers.
BUT HOW DOES GOD REVEALS PURPOSE TO US?
- Through Revelation: In response to sincere prayers of inquiry, the Holy Spirit will give a revelation to the seeker with respect to the purpose for which he is making the inquiry (Habakkuk 2:1-3). However, revelation is often given through:
- An inspiration: Inspirations are mental pictures of ideas that come into your mind from the Holy Spirit. They give indication of the particular business or occupation to pursue in life. They often linger or keep reoccurring in your mind thereby forcing you to give them serious consideration.
- A vision: This is the opening of the spiritual eyes of the seeker to see into spiritual realm, whereby he is shown vivid pictures of the agenda of God for his life. Samson saw a vision in which God revealed to him his assignment, same with Joseph (Genesis 37:5-11; Act 16:9).
- Talents/Natural abilities: This refers to your natural endowment or skill. Something you really enjoy doing. Something you do with ease that has the potential of being developed to a level that will make you a blessing to many or even your generation, e.g. singing, writing, being creative, solving puzzles etc.
The Bible says: For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey (Matthew 25:14-15).
We have all being given several abilities to profit with. Discover yours and it would be not just for your profiting, but for the benefit of others also.
- Passion: This represents anything you have a great enthusiasm for or enjoy doing. Nehemiah had a passion to rebuild the ruined city of Jerusalem and it turned out to be God’s purpose for his life. Nehemiah1:1-3, Nehemiah 2:1-5. Therefore, look out for what you are passionate about, for it might just be what you are called for.
BENEFITS OF DISCOVERING AND FULFILLING PURPOSE
- It gives you Focus: It lays a well-defined direction for your life and prevents you from wandering around with unprofitable ventures.
- Contentment: You will be pleased with where you are per time and will never wish to be somebody else neither will you have any cause to envy or be jealous of another person’s success and achievements.
- Divine Protection: You will enjoy divine protection. God will not fold His hands and watch the devil cut short your life if you are doing what He sent you to do. God does anything to protect His messenger.
- Peace: Your mind will always be at peace when you are at the center of God’s will for your life.
THINGS TO GUARD AGAINST IN PURSUIT OF PURPOSE
- Ignorance: This is no excuse to realizing God’s glorious plans for your life. Ignorance kills and destroys (Hosea 4:6).
- Discouragement: The discovery and pursuit of purpose will not immune you from Satan’s attempt to discourage you. So beware and be vigilant (1 Peter 5:8).
- Criticism: The discovery and pursuit of purpose will immune you from criticism from people who do not understand your purpose.
- Deception: No matter how beautiful, wonderful and great an ideal may seem, cross check it with God to be sure it is not one of the devil’s tricks to send you on wild goose chase.
To truly guide against all of these and remain firm in God while pursuing purpose, you must be born again. This means accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Saviour of your life. If you have not done this, or may have strayed from your decision to make Jesus the only Lord over your life, then you should say this prayer in faith:
Dear Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I believe You died and rose again for my sake. Forgive me of my sins, take over my life, make me Your child and let Your peace reign over my life. Thank you for saving me. Now I know I am born again!
Congratulations, you are now born again! I believe that you will begin to experience the reality of the price that Jesus paid for your sins at Calvary. All-round rest and peace are guaranteed you, in Jesus’ Name! Call or write, and share your testimonies with me through firstname.lastname@example.org, OR call 07026385437 and 08141320204.
For more insight, these books authored by me are available at the Dominion Bookstores in all Living Faith Churches and other leading Christian Bookstores: Singles With A Difference, The Spirit of Faith and Make Your Life Count.
September 01, 2020
August 17, 2020
August 01, 2020